Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Personal Fitness Trainer
Become a certified and nationally recognized Personal Fitness Trainer...
Cornerstone International College has forged an academic partnership with the ACE (American Council on Exercise) to offer an NCCA-accredited Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Program. With Cornerstone International College, you will gain a rewarding experience in pursuing a career in health and fitness. Upon completion, you will be a certified and nationally recognized Personal Trainer.
Cornerstone’s Certified Personal Fitness Trainer Program can help you achieve your goals — a new rewarding career, and the satisfaction that comes with helping people look and feel better.
Top 6 Reasons to be a Personal Trainer
How you develop your business and clientele is up to you!
You will play an important role in helping others make significant changes in their lifestyle, both physically and mentally.
Top Health Club’s Personal Trainers can earn over $50,000 per year.*
Many exciting career opportunities to pursue within the fitness industry, one of which is to become a Fitness Consultant for businesses.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor:
- "Employment of fitness workers is expected to increase 27% over the next decade, much faster than the average for all occupations. These workers are expected to gain jobs because an increasing number of people are spending time and money on fitness, and more businesses are recognizing the benefits of health and fitness programs for their employees."
- "Jobs for fitness workers are expected to increase much faster than the average for all occupations. Fitness workers should have good opportunities to rapid job growth in health clubs, fitness facilities, and other settings where fitness workers are concentrated."
Personal Trainer Wages:
- A percentage of fees charged for the delivery of services, on average $25/hour in corporate fitness centers (IHRSA, 2008)
- As much as $100/hour when working independently, with the average hourly fee of $48.75(IHRSA, 2007)
- Annual salaries often reflect the total number of service hours worked and the socioeconomics of the community, with some full time trainers making over $100,000.
About the Program
Cornerstone International College offers a comprehensive educational program as a recognized NCAA accredited certification program from the American College on Exercise (ACE)
Duration : 12 weeks
Curriculum : 5 courses
Design : Lecture & Hands-On Training
1. Nutrition & Supplementation
2. Professional Development
3. Human Movement Assessment
4. Integrated Training Concepts
5. Design of Fitness Programs
Nutrition & Supplementation. Students in this course will be exposed to the theories and principles of integrated training and the Optimum Performance Training model. Of particular focus will be the study of nutrition and the healthy composition of diet. This course will also explore the efficacy and practice of dietary supplementation as well as professional ethics and boundary-setting applied to the health and fitness industry.
Professional Development. This course will explore professionalism and business ethics. Additionally, students will focus on various age-specific and chronic diseased populations and the psychological aspects of client-relations and provide a systematic approach to targeted goal setting.
Human Movement Assessment. Paramount to student success is the comprehension and application of a dynamic relationship between the articular system, muscular system and nervous system. Students in this class will explore a detailed look at anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology and will apply that gained knowledge to a variety of assessments intended to evaluate the existence and impact of human movement impairments.
Current Concepts of Integrated Training. This course will provide in-depth study to the interdependent and intradependent relationship of the components to integrated training. Specifically, students will focus on theory and systematic, progressive application of flexibility training core training, balance training, and plyometric training.
Design of Fitness Programs. Students in this course will study the practice of resistance training to enhance neuromuscular function and development and design goal-specific Optimum Performance Training fitness programs, stabilization programs, strength programs, power programs, and cardiorespiratory training programs. Additionally, this course provides in-depth study of the theories and progressive applications of linear speed, multi-directional agility, and quickness activities.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
Please call for updated schedule.
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat now by calling (888) 489-4334.