Sterile Processing Technician
Cornerstone has exceeded my expectations. The SPT course was so much more than just going through the motions. Lab time was structured in such a way to give me time to think. The class was structured to fit my learning style which is "learn by example". I would recommend this institution to anyone. LOOK NO FURTHER!
Sterile Processing Technician(Campus)
** LEARN ABOUT OUR ONLINE and HYBRID CLASS BY CLICKING HERE **
Cornerstone International College offers an all-inclusive, academically based program that trains and prepares students to be a Central Sterile Supply & Distribution (CSSD) Technician or also know as Sterile Processing Technician. We are proud to be the ONLY college in the Philippines to pioneer this program with an international board certification or licensure. Come and visit our campus to tour the facility and classroom. Also, we allow prospective students to sit in the class for FREE for a couple of hours to get a chance to see if the class or the program is for them. Make the right decision for a better and rewarding educational experience.
The sterile processing and distribution technician decontaminates, inspects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments and surgical trays. The technician also manages inventory control, orders supplies, inspects, maintains, delivers and retrieves equipment and instruments for the surgery suite, emergency room and intensive care units.
This program prepares graduates for eligibility for the international board examination given by CBSPD (Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution) or IPASS (International Professional Association of Sterile Services) both based in the US.
Sterile Processing Technician Program includes such topics as:
· Anatomy & Physiology
· Microbiology & Chemistry Related to Central Service Activities
· Communications & Interpersonal Skills
· Infection Control Procedures
· Central Services Departmental Organization & Function
· Principles of Safety
· Principles, Methods & Controls of Sterilization Processes (cleaning, processing, packaging, distributing, storing, and inventory control of sterile goods, instruments, trays & equipment)
· Medical Terminology
· Surgical Instrumentation
· Blood Borne Diseases, HIV/AIDS
The course training is very comprehensive, which includes the theory component and skills lab, so that an individual will succeed in the international board certification exam. In order to sit for the board certification exam, students must pass the course with an average of 75% to receive a Certificate of Completion. With this certification, students will then be qualified to sit for the national board certification exam.
We provide the tools and the resources for our students to succeed. Our training program allows students to "digest" or process the information slowly and at an extended period of time in order to retain the necessary knowledge and skills.
1. Must be at least 18 years old
2. Must be a high school graduate or with a GED
3. Pass the background check*
4. Be able to take the drug screening*
Seating is limited. Reserve your seat now by calling (888) 489-4334.
TOP TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE CORNERSTONE'S SPT PROGRAM:
1. HIGHEST BOARD PASSING RATE - AVERAGE OF 98%
2. EXPERIENCED AND CERTIFIED INSTRUCTORS
3. EXCELLENT STUDENT SERVICES
4. BOOT CAMP REVIEW FOR THE PREPARATION OF THE BOARD EXAM
5. UNLIMITED CLASS REFRESHER
6. TUTORIAL SERVICES*
7. WRITTEN GUARANTEE*
8. RESUME WORKSHOP
9. INTERVIEW WORKSHOP
10. LIFETIME JOB ASSISTANCE*
WHEN YOU COMPARE PROGRAM COSTS WITH OTHER PROGRAMS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE BENEFITS YOU WILL BE RECEIVING FROM CORNERSTONE INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE, INCLUDING OUR WRITTEN GUARANTEE.
Sterile Processing Technician Program Schedules
Union City Campus (Main)
Day Schedules (UC)Course Code: SPT / CSSD (UC) 2015-105Class Dates: 03/30/2015 – 06/05/2015Days: Monday, Wednesday, FridayTime: 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM*Enrollment still open.*
Weekend Schedules (UC)Course Code: SPT / CSSD (UC) 2015-106Class Dates: 04/18/2015 – 06/21/2015Saturday: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PMSunday: 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Evening Schedules (UC)Course Code: SPT (UC) 2015-104Dates: 03/30/2015 – 06/08/2015Days: Monday, Wednesday, FridayTime: 5:30 PM – 9:30 PM*Enrollment still open.*Course Code: SPT / CSSD (UC) 2015-107Class Dates: 5/11/2015 - 7/17/2015Registration Deadline: April 27, 2015Days: Tuesdays, ThursdaysTime: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Elk Grove (Sacramento) Schedules
Day Schedules (Sacramento)
Course Code: SPT/CSSD (SAC) 2015-104
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2015
Class Dates: 04/27/2015 – 07/01/2015
Duration: 10 weeks (120 hours)
Days: Monday & Wednesday
Time: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Evening Schedules (Sacramento)
Course Code: SPT/CSSD (SAC) 2015-105
Registration Deadline: April 13, 2015
Class Dates: 04/20/2015 – 07/15/2015
Duration: 13 weeks (120 hours)
Mondays: 4PM – 8PM
Wednesdays: 4PM – 9PM
Los Angeles Campus
Day Schedules (LA)
Course Title: SPT/CSSD (LA) 2015-101
Class Dates: April 6, 2015 – June 12, 2015
Registration Deadline: March 20
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Time: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM
* Helping graduating students in obtaining employment is one of Cornerstone International College's biggest priorities. That's why anytime after graduation, you can take advantage of our career & placement program *
* After graduation, our door will always be open for you if you ever want to return to Cornerstone for training refresher or even for a review for the state exam. All these are at no cost to you! This added-value benefit of Cornerstone allows you to keep abreast with the growing trends in your field. We do our best to ensure you reach your personal goals.
If some reason you do not pass the national board certification through CBSPD after taking the national exam, you can attend a future boot camp for FREE.
Note - To attend a future boot camp for free, you need to bring your course materials.